Vermillion VTC at Full OccupancyDetails
Boston-based, Senscio Systems Announces Expansion to VermilionDetails
Commerce Street AdditionDetails
Community of the YearDetails
Vermillion Technology CenterDetails
CNBC Names South Dakota Top State For BusinessDetails
Vermillion Featured in Bakken PublicationDetails
Vermillion, South Dakota lies atop a bluff of the last natural stretch of the beautiful and pristine Missouri River. Founded in 1859, Vermillion is a community known throughout the region for its friendliness, its historical significance, its beautiful setting, its area attractions and its educational resources.
Vermillion is located in the southeast corner of South Dakota and offers easy access to and from surrounding communities in South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa. Vermillion has gotten attention for economic development and growth through their community-wide efforts to focus on job creation, housing needs, regional cooperation, industrial park development, recruitment of new industry, retail promotions, as well as efforts to promote tourism and recreation in the area.
Vermillion has many unique advantages to offer including a talented, hardworking and dedicated work force, and environment that encourages innovation and progressive thinking, a blended and dynamic University community with diverse demographics, infrastructure to sustain growth and expansion, flexibility to accommodate the future, great school systems, quality health care providers and services, regional partnerships and a charming sense of community.
PopulationVermillion is a community of 10,600 people located in the southeastern corner of South Dakota and central to multiple larger metro areas. The regional population within an hour drive is nearly 300,000 people.
Vermillion Taxes (or should we say lack of taxes)
- City Sales Tax: 2%
- State Sales Tax: 4%
- Property Tax: 2.79% on 85% of market value
- Corporate Income Tax: 0%
- Personal Income Tax: 0%
- Inventory Tax: 0%
- Personal Property Tax: 0%
Vermillion is located along 4-lane US Highway 50, six miles west of I-29 and 64 miles south of I-90
The City of Vermillion operates Harold Davidson Field which boast a newly resurfaced 4105 foot runway to serve both private and public aircraft. Located immediately south of the community, the airport can be reached in 5 minutes from our buisiness and industrial parks. Fuel is available 24 hours a day.
Vermillion is centrally located and effectively served by multiple commerical airports.
- Sioux City Gateway Airport (SUX) is located 40 minutes to the south and offers multiple Delta Airlines connections through Minneapolis.
- Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD) is located 60 minutes to the north and is served by United, American, Delta, and Allegiant Airlines
- Omaha's Epply Airfield (OMA) is located a two hour drive to the south and is served my all major carriers, including United, American, Southwest, Continental, US Air, among others. Vermillion is located along 4-lane US Highway 50, six miles west of I-29 and 64 miles south of I-90